As outline in the appendix below, most of the predictions of Isa 19 are probably still future, especially the second half of the chapter. There is a striking parallel between the following three verses:
- Isa 19:1 - Behold, the LORD rides on a swift cloud; He is coming to Egypt. The idols of Egypt will tremble before Him ...
- Dan 7:13 - In my vision in the night I continued to watch, and I saw One like the Son of Man coming with the clouds of heaven. ...
- Rev 14:14 - And I looked and saw a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was One like the Son of Man ...
Whether this suggests that Isa 19 will be fulfilled at or just before Jesus second coming is not clear but the parallels cannot be ignored.
APPENDIX - Predictions of Isa 19
Isa 19 contains a series of predictions; but here we will concentrate on the latter half, from V16 onwards.
- V2 appears to describe a civil war; there were several of these in Egypt's history
- V3 describes the rise of spiritualism; this has essentially be true over thousands of years until the rise of Islam
- V4 says that harsh kings will rule over them - there have been plenty of these
- V5 - The water of the Nile dry up - such occurred on several occasions and may have been a cause of Joseph's famine (but this cannot be confirmed)
... and so forth. However, when we get to V16, a series judgments of more spiritual/divine flavor occurs involving:
- V16, 17 - the land of Judah will bring terror on Egypt, Egypt will tremble over what the LORD of Hosts has planned
- V18 - five cities in the land of Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the LORD of Hosts
- V19-21 describes a series of events that is still, today, future, and that the LORD will send a savior to rescue them.
- V22 - Egypt struck by a plague that turns them to the LORD.
... and so forth. All these are still future. Further, the opening verse 1 suggests some kind of possible connection to Rev 14:14.