In the words of a famous song, "This land is your land, this land is my land ..." However, that does not make you equivalent to me.
It is true that Paul speaks of one faith and Gospel, etc -
- Eph 4:4-6 - There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all ... [This is the famous seven-fold unity]
- Gal 1:6, 7 - I am amazed how quickly you are deserting the One who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is not even a gospel. ...
Thus, I strongly agree that there is only one Gospel. However, it is a logical fallacy that the existence of a single true Gospel does not mean that it cannot be "possessed" by more than one person.
For example, I have a single father and so does my brother. I can talk about my father and so can my brother but that does not make me the same as my brother, ie, we are not the same person but both have the same father. The same is true of the Gospel.
The Bible compounds this even more with the following considerations. We have:
The Gospel of God
- Rom 15:16 - to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
- 2 Cor 11:7 - Was it a sin for me to humble myself in order to exalt you, because I preached the gospel of God to you free of charge?
- 1 Thess 2:8 - So yearning over you, we were pleased to have imparted to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you have become beloved to us.
- 1 Thess 2:9 - Surely you recall, brothers, our labor and toil. We worked night and day so that we would not be a burden to anyone while we proclaimed to you the gospel of God.
- 1 Peter 4:17 - For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who disobey the gospel of God?
The Gospel of the Grace of God
- Acts 20:24 - But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
The Gospel of the glory of the blessed God
- 1 Tim 1;11 - according to the gospel of the glory of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.
The Gospel of God concerning His Son
- Rom 1:1-3 - Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, and set apart for the gospel of God— the gospel He promised beforehand through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures, regarding His Son, who was a descendant of David according to the flesh,
The Gospel of His Son
- Rom 1:9 - God, whom I serve with my spirit in preaching the gospel of His Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you
The Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God
- Mark 1:1 - This is the beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
The Gospel of Christ
- Rom 15:19 - by the power of signs and wonders, and by the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.
- 1 Cor 9:12 - If others partake of the authority over you, should we not more? But we did not use this right. Instead, we bear all things, so that we should not place any hindrance to the gospel of Christ.
- 2 Cor 2:12 - Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and a door stood open for me in the Lord,
- 2 Cor 9:13 - Because of the proof this ministry provides, the saints will glorify God for your obedient confession of the gospel of Christ, and for the generosity of your contribution to them and to all the others.
- Gal 1:7 - Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ.
- 1 Thess 3:2 - We sent Timothy, our brother and fellow worker for God in the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,
- Phil 1:27 - Nevertheless, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending side by side for the faith of the gospel
The Gospel of our Lord Jesus
- 2 Thess 1:8 - in blazing fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
The Gospel of the glory of Christ
- 2 Cor 4:4 - The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
The Gospel of your salvation
- Eph 1:13 - And in Him, having heard and believed the word of truth—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
The Gospel of peace
- Eph 6:15 - and with your feet fitted with the readiness of the gospel of peace.
The Gospel of the kingdom
- Matt 4:23 - Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.
- Matt 9:35 - And Jesus was going throughout all the cities and the villages, teaching in their synagogues, and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every sickness.
- Matt 24:14 - And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
The eternal Gospel
- Rev 14:6 - Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people.
The Gospel of Paul
- Rom 16:25 - Now to Him who is able to strengthen you by my [Paul's] gospel and by the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery concealed for ages past
- Rom 2:16 - on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus, as proclaimed by my [Paul's] gospel.
- 2 Tim 2:8 - Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David, as proclaimed by my gospel,
Our Gospel = Gospel of Us
- 1 Thess 1:5 - because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power, in the Holy Spirit, and with great conviction—just as you know we lived among you for your sake.
- 2 Thess 2:14 - to this also He called you through our gospel to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thus, the one and only true Gospel is, according to above is "The Gospel of God", "The Gospel of Christ", "The Gospel of Paul", "The Gospel of His Son", "The Gospel of peace", "The Gospel of salvation", "the Gospel of the kingdom", "The gospel of the Lord Jesus", etc, etc. These are all the one true Gospel but salvation is not equivalent of God and Christ, etc.
Thus, the one and only true Gospel belongs to all who claim it. This does not make Paul equivalent to Christ or God, etc. Nor does it make Christ equivalent to God. That teaching must be derived from other considerations.
Paul uses the terms "gospel of God" and "gospel of Christ" equivalently. This same gospel is also called "the gospel of me", ie, "my gospel". However, that does not imply Christ is equivalent or on the same level as God.
[Note: It is well known on this site that I believe that Jesus is, was and always will be fully God in the highest sense; but that idea cannot be derived from these considerations as shown above.]