- I ask this question as Paul seems to suggest that living a life of sin leads to death.
- Once we accept Jesus as our saviour we get the spirit that gives us life
- Once the spirit is in us we will stop living by the flesh and start living according to the spirit and hence will live.
- This is very much in line with What G-d says in Tanakh.
- So does it mean that if we do not believe in Jesus as our saviour we will not get this spirit? and hence we die in sin? or does it mean we will still sin but we will not die because of those sins?
- But if you see verse 7 he seems to say that people who live by the flesh cannot obey the law but those who live by the spirit will obey the law and please G-d (Converse added)
Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
Verses from Tanakh that talks about the knowledge of G-d and how people will worship G-d
Zephaniah 3:9 For then I will convert the peoples to a pure language that all of them call in the name of the Lord, to worship Him of one accord.
Habakkuk 2:14 For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:9 They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.