Luke 24:39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
First some brief points;
- Jesus is now immortal - he wasn't before death - now he cannot die again.
- He has been raised into a new spirit life.
- He now has life as the Father has life within himself! John 5:26
- He can also give life to others - raising them. John 17:2
- We will be like Jesus when we are raised. 1 John 3:2
- Jesus is OF spirit - but not A spirit??
It seems he has a 'body' - that does not need physical things to live - although he can clearly eat etc. This body is not a manifestation but actual, with an ability to move outside of time /space constraints. He said he will drink wine again in the kingdom Luke 22:18.
2 Cor 13:4 For he was crucified in weakness but lives by the power of God
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered for sins once for all... He was put to death in the body but made alive in the spirit, John 20:19-20 Peace be with you.” And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side
The Q centres on this. How can we better define Jesus and the 'spirit life' he has now and has had since being raised from death?
Romans 8:11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you. YLT
Jesus was given eternal life at his resurrection. Notice also, Paul is talking to the brethren - who are alive (obviously) yet he says God will give 'life' to their (mortal/dying) bodies.