My question is about Revelation 3:4-5. Are there three groups of Sardinian Christians being referenced here?
(4) But you have a few individuals in Sardis who have not stained their clothes, and they will walk with me dressed in white, because they are worthy. (5) The one who conquers will be dressed like them in white clothing, and I will never erase his name from the book of life, but will declare his name before my Father and before his angels. (NET)
- Group A: Those “who have not stained their clothes” and “who are worthy”
- Group B: Those who conquer and “will be dressed like them in white clothing”
- (v3:5 literal Greek) “the overcoming thus will be in garments white...” (no “them”)
- Group C: As the text goes on to say “...I will never erase his name from the book of life”, is there by implication a group-C who are not-worthy and failed-to-overcome and are therefore subject to erasure from the book of life?