Traditionally the seven sayings of Jesus are put in order:
- Luke 23:34 Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.
- Luke 23:43 Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.
- John 19:26–27 Woman, behold your son. Son, behold your mother
- Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
- John 19:28 I thirst.
- John 19:30 It is finished. (From the Greek "Tetelestai" which is also translated "It is accomplished", or "It is complete".)
- Luke 23:46: Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit.
Is this order arrived at some internal evidence or is traditionally believed. Also, why "It is finished" - John 19:30 is not considered as last words of Jesus rather "Father, into thy hands i commit my spirit" of Luke 23:46.