I have stumbled upon a passage in Scriptures (KJV) that spoke about a couple of "lion men" of Moab or specifically, "Ariels" that were killed along with a lion in 2 Samuel 23:20:
[2Sa 23:20 KJV] 20 And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a valiant man, of Kabzeel, who had done many acts, he slew two lionlike men ("Ariels") of Moab: he went down also and slew a lion in the midst of a pit in time of snow:
LXX καὶ Βαναιας υἱὸς Ιωδαε ἀνὴρ αὐτὸς πολλοστὸς ἔργοις ἀπὸ Καβεσεηλ καὶ αὐτὸς ἐπάταξεν τοὺς δύο υἱοὺς Αριηλ τοῦ Μωαβ καὶ αὐτὸς κατέβη καὶ ἐπάταξε τὸν λέοντα ἐν μέσῳ τοῦ λάκκου ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ τῆς χιόνος
וּבְנָיָ֨הוּ בֶן־יְהֹויָדָ֧ע בֶּן־אִֽישׁ־חי רַב־פְּעָלִ֖ים מִֽקַּבְצְאֵ֑ל ה֣וּא הִכָּ֗ה אֵ֣ת שְׁנֵ֤י אֲרִאֵל֙ מֹואָ֔ב וְ֠הוּא יָרַ֞ד וְהִכָּ֧ה אֶֽת־האריה בְּתֹ֥וךְ הַבֹּ֖אר בְּיֹ֥ום הַשָּֽׁלֶג׃
In your discovery and inductive reasoning of Scriptures, what do you make of who these Ariels to be?
- Are the Ariels lion/men hybrid (genetics-alterations)?
- If so, what is origin of the Ariels (Scriptures verses and other sources)?
- How did they end up in the land of Moab?
- Why were these creatures killed along with the lion?
- Based on 2 Samuel 23:20, it specifies that the lion men or Ariels were killed along with a lion, does it imply that they were genetically modified or is it about their characteristics in their fighting styles and strategy?
- Is there any other parts of Scriptures that talks about similar encounters with possible hybrids?
Thank you very much, please let me know what your research suggests!