Questions about translation choices.
Questions that relate to the work of a translator, that examine the meaning of specific words or grammar in the original languages, or that compare various translation choices should be tagged translation.
Good translation questions include:
- How did Biblical translators decide on cypress for the type of wood in Noah's ark?
- How did the Greek “charis” come to imply “favor?”
- Is “wait” in Isaiah 40:31 active or passive?
- Why is “raah” usually translated differently in Amos 3:6 and 9:4?
- Who are the πρεσβυτέροις in 1 Peter 5:1-5?
- Is NWT's translation of John 8:58 reasonable?
- What word best captures the spirit of לִּילִית in Isaiah 34:14?