But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings… (Mal 4:2 [KJV])
“The sun of righteousness” vs the pagan sun gods of Malachi's time:
The Devils goal is always to copy not create (Isa. 14:14,Rom 1:25)
Before Gods word was penned he painted a sign in the heavens to preach his message. (Gen. 1:14, Ps. 19:1-6)
The sun is created on the 4th day. The ‘Son’ came to earth 4,000 years after creation.
All physical life is connected with sunlight in some way. All spiritual life is connected to Jesus (John 1:4)
The sun is a trinity (Rom.1:20):
• Light rays- you can see but not feel (the Son)
• Heat rays- you can feel but not see (the Holy Spirit)
• Actinic rays- you can’t see or feel (the Father)
The message of the sun in the heavens:
• When the sun dies in the west it is read (blood atonement at the 1st Advent)
• When the sun comes up it is read (Christ’s garments at 2nd Advent, Isa. 63:1)
• The sun is as a bridegroom (Ps. 19:5) picturing the 2nd Advent Mat. 25:1-13, Rev. 19:7-9
• In the suns circuit it travels against the earth (as does Christ Gal. 1:3, Rom. 12:1, 1John 2:15-17)
…with healing in his wings…
Complete healing of earthly man is only available when Jesus returns at the 2nd Advent (Rom. 8:22-23)
“his wings” is the picture of a bird. The Holy Spirit first shows up as a dove.
This is in opposition of the pagan worship of the sun
In the larger context of the passage we see the warning: (Mal 4:4 [KJV]) Remember ye the law of Moses my servant...
Deut 17:2-5 2) If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,
3) And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
4) And it be told thee, and thou hast heard [of it], and enquired diligently, and, behold, [it be] true, [and] the thing certain, [that] such abomination is wrought in Israel:
5) Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, [even] that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
Ezek. 8: 13) He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, [and] thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
14) Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD'S house which [was] toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.
15) Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen [this], O son of man? turn thee yet again, [and] thou shalt see greater abominations than these.
16) And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD'S house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, [were] about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.